LENGTH: 12 WEEKS (480 hours of instruction)
REGISTRATION FEE: $200.00
CLASS DATES: A new class begins every Monday – See Appendix A for specifics dates
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: All courses 12 weeks and longer are intended for the student aspiring to become a full-time farrier. This course deepens the knowledge base of the student in business practices and most common horseshoeing issues.
All objectives from the Farrier 8 Week Course in addition to the following.
The student will:
· Explain the consequences of applying the wrong shoe.
· Explain and demonstrate forging a shoe from bar stock.
· Explain and demonstrate the process for hot shoeing an equine.
· Identify and build correctional aids to assist an equine.
· Demonstrate the ability to successfully handle and shoe a problem equine.
· Identify and describe the joints of the lower limb.
· Identify lower limb anatomy with both common and scientific names.
· Build and correctly apply basic therapeutic shoes.
· Explain basic equine nutrition and the relationship to the lower limb.
Total number of hours in course: 480
Examination and theory: 10 hours
Lecture and forge work: 50 hours
Shoeing and field work: 420 hours
Final Grade Criteria
Written Tests – 20%
Forging Tests – 30%
Shoeing Test – 50%
3 Month Course Cost: $13,625.00
Tools and Books: $925.00
Come Start Your New Career With Us!