LENGTH: 16 WEEKS (640 hours of instruction)
REGISTRATION FEE: $200.00
CLASS DATES: A new class begins every Monday – See Appendix A for specifics dates
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: This is an advanced sixteen-week farrier course that provides in depth experience with therapeutic shoeing to aid in healing or helping an injury in addition to further experience in business practices and common horseshoeing.
All objectives from the Farrier 12 Week Course in addition to the following.
The student will:
· Demonstrate basic customer service skills including setting and keeping appointments, and invoicing.
· Identify and treat less common topical hoof diseases.
· Explain the importance of open interaction between vet and farrier.
· Identify and explain the internal connections between structures in the lower limb.
· Explain the function of fluid in the joints.
· Identify and describe the major consequences of an unbalanced hoof.
· Build, shape, and correctly apply intermediate therapeutic shoes.
· Identify and apply the 9 point equine body condition scale appropriately.
Total number of hours in course: 560 Hours
Examination and theory: 12 hours
Lecture and forge work: 60 hours
Shoeing and field work: 488 hours
Final Grade Criteria
Written Tests – 20%
Forging Tests – 30%
Shoeing Test – 50%
Sixteen Week Course Cost: $17,625.00
Tools and Books: $925.00
Come Start Your New Career With Us!