LENGTH: 24 WEEKS (960 hours of instruction)
REGISTRATION FEE: $200.00
CLASS DATES: A new class begins every Monday – See Appendix A for specifics dates
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: This is an advanced twenty-four-week farrier course that includes complex understanding of equine confirmation and how to correct it in addition to further experience in business practices and common horseshoeing.
All objectives from the Farrier 20 Week Course in addition to the following.
The student will:
· Describe the size ratios between the bones of the lower limb.
· Compare and contrast the different conformational issues in various breeds of equines.
· Explain the differences in shoeing styles for various breeds of equines.
· Apply advanced training devices to assist with problem equines.
· Identify and demonstrate correction of hoof abnormalities.
· Describe and identify the ideal weight distribution through the equine foot.
· Explain and demonstrate proper farrier tool maintenance.
Total number of hours in course: 960 Hours
Examination and theory: 16 hours
Lecture and forge work: 80 hours
Shoeing and field work: 864 hours
Final Grade Criteria
Written Tests – 20%
Forging Tests – 30%
Shoeing Test – 50%
Twenty-Four Week Course Cost: $22,125.00
Tools and Books: $925.00
Come Start Your New Career With Us!