LENGTH: 28 WEEKS(1,120 hours of instruction)
REGISTRATION FEE: $200.00
CLASS DATES: A new class begins every Monday – See Appendix A for specifics dates SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: Tucson School of Horseshoeing is the only horseshoeing school that offers a twenty-eight-week farrier course. This advanced twenty-eight-week course includes advanced farrier business skills in addition to further experience in common horseshoeing.
All objectives from the Farrier 24 Week Course in addition to the following.
The student will:
· Forge and apply handmade shoes to an equine.
· Identify and describe in detail the causes and effects of laminitis and founder.
· Compare and contrast the benefits and drawbacks of hot and cold shoeing.
· Prepare and deliver a client presentation concerning the special needs of their equine partner.
· Prepare a five-year business plan including an advertising strategy.
· Identify the main tendons and ligaments from the shoulder/hip down.
· Select and apply the proper corrective shoe for an equine.
· Evaluate and adjust equine nutrition to improve hoof health.
Total number of hours in course: 1,120 Hours
Examination and theory: 18 hours
Lecture and forge work: 100 hours
Shoeing and field work: 1,002 hours
Final Grade Criteria
Written Tests – 20%
Forging Tests – 30%
Shoeing Test – 50%
Twenty-Eight Week Course Cost: $25,125.00
Tools and Books: $925.00
Come Start Your New Career With Us!