** UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP & MANAGMENT!**
LENGTH: 6 WEEKS: (240 hours of instruction)
TUITION & SUPPLIES: $7,625.00
(includes classes, tools, books and bunkhouse)
REGISTRATION FEE: $200.00
A new class begins every Monday
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This intense 6-week program provides you with the basics for beginning a successful farrier business prepare you with what you will need to serve the horse industry. Instruction includes:
• The Anatomy and Physiology of the Legs and Feet You will learn to recognize and name the parts, and know how they work and interact with each other. You will also learn to recognize and correct problem areas.
• Equine Conformation This is the way the skeleton and muscles are put together, and varies from breed to breed.
You will learn to recognize and correct traveling and lameness problems where they occur.
• Basic Blacksmithing This includes the use of the forge and how to build fires and get the proper heat for the type of job. You will learn the use of different types of metals, as well as forge welding and brazing of calks and garbs, as well as other techniques to enable you to do corrective shoeing. • Trimming, Leveling and Balancing of The Foot
• Normal and Corrective Shoeing This will include making hand tools, Swedge blocks, race plates and various types of shoes for specialized uses.
• Horse Handling This will give you the opportunity to learn the finer points of handling, especially colts and horses being trimmed/shod for the first time.
• Equine Nutrition This will provide you with and understanding of basic horse diets to maintain health and high performance.
• Starting Your Own Business This will provide you with the basics for beginning a successful farrier
Written test for advanced farrier certification for the Brotherhood of Working Farriers Association (BWFA) will be given at the request of the student upon completion of the course. After passing the tests, the student can apply for membership with the Brotherhood of Working Farriers for a fee of $85.00 and a picture.
Total number of hours in course: 240
Examination and theory: 6 hours
Lecture and forge work: 22 hours
Shoeing and field work: 212 hours
Six Week Course Cost: $7,625.00
Tools and Books: $925.00
Come Start Your New Career With Us!
Tucson School of Horseshoeing
2230 North Kimberly Road, Tucson, AZ 85749
Office: (520) 749-5212
Toll Free: 1 800-657-2779
Cell: (520) 500-7555
Fax: (520) 760-0886
Copyright © 2019 Tucson School of Horseshoeing - All Rights Reserved.