LENGTH: 8 WEEKS (320 hours of instruction)
REGISTRATION FEE: $200.00
CLASS DATES: A new class begins every Monday – See Appendix A for specifics dates.
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: This course is designed for people who are interested in horseshoeing as a career and provides the basic experience that students need to feel competent starting a shoeing business.
All objectives from the Farrier 6 Week Course in addition to the following.
The student will:
· Identify and correct breakover issues in an equine.
· Identify and correct basic interference issues in an equine.
· Identify equines that need additional support with corrective pads, packing, or shoes.
· Explain exceptions to common forging rules.
· Demonstrate and explain the importance of each step of the shoeing procedure.
· Identify and explain the uses of the parts of an anvil.
· Identify and demonstrate proper usage of basic forging tools.
· Explain the consequences of an unbalanced hoof.
Total number of hours in course: 320
Examination and theory: 8 hours
Lecture and forge work: 30 hours
Shoeing and field work: 282 hours
Final Grade Criteria
Written Tests – 20%
Forging Tests – 30%
Shoeing Test – 50%
Eight Week Course Cost: $9,625.00
Tools and Books: $925.00
Come Start Your New Career With Us!